Saturday 14 February 2015

Week 6 Magic

2 images

I really thought I was going to do Puff the Magic dragon, but it didn't get as far as paper!

Still trying out different types of subjects and techniques, I used blendable colour pencils and drew these two girls playing.
To blend the pencils, I had been told to use cotton buds and baby oil. When the moment came I couldn't find either (despite a shopping trip) so I used some torn up coffee filters wrapped around a cocktail stick and body shop's cocoa butter beautifying oil.
It worked OK and smells delicious!
More work needed on my faces especially, the figures are too stilted - we will get there with practice!







My second attempt is a more familiar technique, although I am a bit rusty.
A quick 3B pencil sketch.




No comments:

Post a Comment